Optronic development engineer W/M
Contract type: Permanent contract
Work time: Full time
Are you attracted by technical challenges?
Would you like to work on exciting projects in the field of optical laser communication?
Join Cailabs !
With a first experience in the industry, come and join a dynamic team of engineers and PhDs who share your desire to put their skills at the service of stimulating technical challenges. You will find a collective emulation and a strong intellectual interest in your work. You will learn the ropes of working in an innovative company, from prototype development to industrialisation scale-up phases.
As an optronic product development engineer, your role will be to drive the development and maturity of our systems and subsystems based on proofs of concept and prototypes designed by the optical R&D engineers.
Your main missions will be :
- Participate in the design of optronic components intended for mass production
- Define and conduct tests and trials to achieve the set performance
- Share, synthesize and archive the progress of the technical subjects for which you will be responsible
- Drive the performance improvement of existing products
- Participate in problem solving groups by providing expertise and using appropriate methodologies to identify root causes.
You are in permanent contact with the different actors of the Development (optique, mechanics, electronics, software...) as well as other departments of the company in order to collect, analyze and share the information necessary for your work.
You are a force of proposal to anticipate new practices.
With a higher education (BAC+5) such as engineering school, you have acquired skills in optronics.
You have at least 3 years of significant experience in a technical department in an industrial environment where you have develop the maturity of a product/component.
You are recognized for :
- Your ability to adapt and your open-mindedness
- Your ability to work independently and as part of a team and to make proposals
- Your taste for innovation and your creativity
- Your rigor and ability to synthesize,
Your written and oral communication skills enable you to interact with teams in French and English.
Founded in 2013, Cailabs is a French deep-tech company located in Rennes. We design, manufacture, and sell innovative photonics products based on the shaping of light.
The fast-growing company has raised 42.6 millions euros since its creation and has 60+ staff.
When you join Cailabs, you will find :
- a brilliant team driven by a common mission : to create and sale products that help solve some of today’s major industrial and technological challenges for multiple applications
- a dynamic structure that combines agility and resources to match its ambitions
- a company at the cutting edge of technology, from the development of prototypes to the industrialization phase.
And also :
- Times of sharing and conviviality (annual seminar, meals, group games, sports activities, etc.)
- A health insurance plan covered at 100% by Cailabs.
- A bonus system to reward collective and individual performances
Joining Cailabs is finally the assurance that everything will be done to help you perform, improve and take up new challenges.
More information : Press release | Innovative photonics company Cailabs raises €26 million to become market leader in optical ground stations