Optical Technician- Photonics W/M
Contract type: Permanent contract
Work time: Full time
Founded in 2013, Cailabs is a French deep tech company that designs, manufactures and sells innovative photonics products for telecommunications and industrial lasers. With a leadership in complex light shaping, its technology is currently covered by 19 patents. Its innovative components play a role in a variety of fields, from aeronautical wiring to factory premises networks, not forgetting additive manufacturing or its contribution to several world records (in particular the fiber optic throughput record held by Japanese operator KDDI).
The company, which addresses a worldwide market, has won several awards, most notably the EY Born Global Award for its international dimensions, the Pass FrenchTech prize for its growth in excess of 100% year on year and the DeepTech4Good Industry 4.0 award for the importance the company gives to technological leadership.
Cailabs, based in Rennes, has raised €16.6 M since its creation and has +50 staff.
So, would you like to join us?
- You have a BAC+2/3 in Optical Engineering / Photonics or equivalent
- You are meticulous, rigorous and organised (the position requires good dexterity),
- You are autonomous and have the ability to make proposals,
- Your interpersonal skills are an asset for teamwork with both the Operations and Technical R&D teams
- You have experience in alignment
- You have experience in alignment and testing of optical components
- You have knowledge of UV bonding and micro-positioning of optics in free space
- You are able to adapt to an evolving environment
Founded in 2013, Cailabs is the world leader in shaping light through the development of a unique and patented technology (MPLC). It designs, manufactures, and develops innovative photonic solutions for space, industry (laser machining), telecommunications, and defense. Its medium-term ambition is to become the global leader in optical ground stations. With its offering of optical ground stations TILBA-OGS, incorporating its solution for compensating atmospheric turbulence, TILBA-ATMO, Cailabs is the first and only company to harness the high-speed capabilities of optics in a ground station on an industrial scale. Cailabs currently employs over 70 collaborators, including 22 PhDs. With 26 families of patents filed, the company is among the most innovative in the space industry.
When you join Cailabs, you will find :
- a brilliant team driven by a common mission : to create and sale products that help solve some of today’s major industrial and technological challenges for multiple applications
- a dynamic structure that combines agility and resources to match its ambitions
- a company at the cutting edge of technology, from the development of prototypes to the industrialization phase.
And also :
- Times of sharing and conviviality (annual seminar, meals, group games, sports activities, etc.)
- A health insurance plan covered at 100% by Cailabs.
- A bonus system to reward collective and individual performances
Joining Cailabs is finally the assurance that everything will be done to help you perform, improve and take up new challenges.
This position has been filled.