Junior optical R&D engineer - Space laser communications W/M
Contract type: Permanent contract
Work time: Full time
Would you like to employ your optical expertise and creativity to solve innovative technical challenges in different areas such as laser comms for space applications (sat-to-ground optical links, sat-to-sat or point-to-point…)?
Join our R&D team at Cailabs!
Whether you have background in industry or academic research, come join our dynamic team of engineers and PhDs who share your creative spirit and the will to advance our state-of-the-art technology. You will find an open and vibrant atmosphere with a strong intellectual interest in your work. You will learn the ropes of working in an innovative company, from prototype development to industrialisation scale-up phases.
In our team, your main duties will be:
- Assemble and characterize optical systems & sub-systems
- Integrate and interface multiple optical sub-systems
- Contribute to improvement of existing product performances
- Contribute to design and development of innovative next-gen systems
- Participate in feasibility studies and prototyping in future project
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary based on profile and experience.
- Lunch vouchers.
- Complementary health insurance covered at 100% by Cailabs.
- MsC in optics or photonics
- Hands-on experience in optics
- Knowledge in programming language such as Python, C, Matlab…
- Professional English and French (B2 or higher)
- Interest for integration and interfacing of components
- Team player
Founded in 2013, Cailabs is a French deep-tech company located in Rennes. We design, manufacture, and sell innovative photonics products based on the shaping of light. The fast-growing company has raised 42.6 millions euros since its creation and has 60+ staff.
Find out more about us on www.cailabs.com